Week of free webinars and online training for aspiring and existing SME exporters
A week of webinars and online export advice sessions are taking place next month (July) to help businesses across the Midlands that want to start or expand overseas trading.
Delivered by the Department for International Trade (DIT), the Midlands Engine and the West Midlands Chambers of Commerce’s ERDF SME International Growth Project, Export Web Week (July 16-20) offers busy companies the chance to learn about exporting for the first time, build on existing export successes and discover new growth opportunities.
Businesses will be able to take part in Twitter chats and webinars, as well as gain access to export experts from DIT’s global network of British Embassies and overseas delivery partners, with whom they can identify and discuss opportunities from a wide range of countries, from the comfort of their own desk.
Ian Harrison, head of exports in the Midlands at Department for International Trade, said with 25 separate events – most of which are just one hour long – taking place across the five days, there are many chances for ambitious companies to get involved. He said:
“As an organisation dedicated to helping businesses export, we organise dozens of events every year that provide valuable information and support. Our role is about actively engaging businesses, talking to them and introducing them to their likeminded counterparts, but we are aware that it can be difficult to commit to half a day or a day out of the office,”
“For that reason, we’ve organised a series of online events that people can take part in, which will allow them to gain maximum benefit while taking less than an hour out of their working day. We think that this is an innovative approach that will be welcomed by businesses.
“There are webinars on myriad topics – from finance to finding new markets – as well as the chance to speak to trade advisers about the international support we can offer. There’s something for everyone.”
For more information about Export Web Week and to register for any of the webinars, visit: https://www.events.trade.gov.uk/export-web-week/#
Anyone registering for a webinar will also receive a recording after the event. Anyone who is unable to listen in live but is still interested in the topic is recommended to register so they can receive the recording.
Timetable of events:
Monday, July 16
- 10:00 – 11:00 Webinar: Learn the essentials of exporting in one hour
- 09:45 – 13:00 Online 1-1 meeting: Ireland (construction sector)
- 13:00 – 14:00 Webinar: How can the Department for International Trade & ERDF support and help grow your business?
- 14:30 – 15:00 Twitter Chat: Ask the international trade adviser #exportchat
- 15:00 – 16:00 Webinar: How to research and expand into international markets.
Tuesday, July 17
- 10:00 – 11:00 Webinar: Exporting Homewear and DIY products to Central Europe and BHETA trade mission to Romania
- 09:45 – 13:00 Online 1-1 meeting: Slovenia
- 13:00 – 14:00 Webinar: Business Culture: The etiquette of doing business abroad
- 14:30 – 15:00 Twitter Chat: International Growth Project how can we help you? #exportchat
- 15:00 – 16:00 Webinar: British Allied Trade Federation: First steps in exhibiting at an International Expo.
Wednesday, July 18
- 10:00 – 11:00 Webinar: Give your website and social media international appeal
- 09:45 – 13:00 Online 1-1 meeting: Netherlands (food and drink sector)
- 13:00 – 14:00 Webinar: Infrastructure opportunities in the Nordic Baltic regions
- 14:30 – 15:00 Twitter Chat: All things digital #exportchat
- 15:00 – 16:00 Webinar: A global footprint: SEO & selling online
Thursday, July 19
- 10:00 – 11:00 Webinar: An audience with an Export Champion – Jane Shepherd
- 09:45 – 13:00 Online 1-1 meeting: France
- 13:00 – 14:00 Webinar: Santander
- 14:30 – 15:00 Twitter Chat: UK Export Finance #exportchat
- 15:00 – 16:00 Webinar: Working Capital in International Trade & Identifying Potential New Markets and Buyers
Friday, July 20
- 10:00 – 11:00 Webinar: KPMG’s guide to accessing, navigating and operating successfully in new international markets
- 09:45 – 13:00 Online 1-1 meeting: Czech Republic
- 13:00 – 14:00 Webinar: How to increase your export sales
- 14:30 – 15:00 Twitter Chat: Business culture #exportchat
- 15:00 – 16:00 Webinar: Financing your export growth with NatWest & UK Export Finance
To find out more about the ERDF SME International Growth Project, visit goo.gl/1jYuES